Sweets to End the Day
Find yourself battling that craving late in the day? Many people find that having that something sweet to end the day brings a sort of closure to their food that day. If you find yourself in this predicament here are some tips to help you make more healthful and balanced choices.
- Pick up whipped yogurt in your favorite flavors and freeze them. These will have less calories, and more vitamins than your regular ice cream. Plus it makes for a fun experiment.
- Fruits have natural sugars in them. When you purchase fruits cut them up and place them in the fridge so that when you feel a craving for something sweet coming, reaching for the fruit is just as easy as reaching for other snacks.
- Three words: Sugar free jello
- Combine fat free vanilla yogurt, a little bit of peanut butter, and some brown sugar. Now you have delicious dip for apple slices.
- Enjoy some dark chocolate. 70% cacao or greater provide antioxidant health benefits but remember that it's still chocolate!
- Hard candy (sugar free or otherwise) provide already portioned options for a lasting sweet bite.
Hope these tips help! What other solutions do you find work for you?